Worksession Barcelona October 2010
5 day October 2010
Afternoon: F + M + N Planning, budget. Talk about current state of AA and Spip. Future plans, how we would like to work (documentation, repository, etc).
10-13h Meeting Fundació Antoni Tàpies with Laurence, Linda Valdés, Gala Sicart Olavide, Núria Solé Bardalet. Talk about the Arts combinatòries project, legal work, documentation center, see convergence with AA.
13-15h00 Meeting with Jaume Nualart and Linda Valdés Arts combinatòries, technical aspects and specifications.
16-20 h00 F + M + N worksession
10-13h00 F + M + N worksession
15h00 visit of Riereta
19h00 Bauman and Lessig (CC) at the CCCB
16-20h00 F + M + N worksession
10-11h00 F + M + N + Linda Valdés + Gala Sicart Olavide + Núria Solé Bardalet: Fundació Antoni Tàpies relations with id law partners (Spanish lawyer's officer, specialized in the legal field of technologies of information society and intellectual property).
11-14h00 F + M + N + Linda Valdés worksession
14-16h00 F + M + N + Linda Valdés + Laurence: meeting and next plans
Thursday: State of the project
Current aabrowser server software has basic keyword support. Not fully integrated (ideally changes in annotations immediately reflected)
In my mind:
- Extreme portability: How to work with the "folder of images & movies from a camera" problem
- How to get back to ... FeedPaint
- AA as Firefox extension? ShiftSpace, ReframeIt
- jQuery for media: toolkit for use, not over-prescribed (danger in XML format?)
- Play "sadieplant.ogv" + Photos from "http://gallery.constantvzw.org/" from December 2008 with Category:VJ12 shuffled (order not important)
Active Archives as a set of tools to "make the web a (multimedia) wiki":
- Give "random access" to elements of the web, including audio/video
- Structured text representation for writing / recording this data
- "Media player" like access to elements on the page (shuffle play / slideshows)
- Edit tools built in: fluid movement from viewing to editing/adding annotations
- Integrate with the capabilities of commandline linux tools like ffmpeg, exiftool, imagemagick (dream image: social annotation of command line scripts)