(Redirected from Main Page)
Recent Events / Presentations
- Dataradio Presentation, 12 March 2013, Kunsthal Aarhus
12 Jan - 13 Mar: Data Radio, Aarhus, DK
- Peter Westenberg & Femke Snelting led an AA Workshop at dek.space preceding a talk at the Besides The Screen conference
- Toneelstof Lightning Talk at SMWCon Köln 2012
- Erkki Kurenniemi: In 2048, Friday 14 September @ Documenta 13.
Commissioned by KURATOR (Joasia Krysa) and dOCUMENTA (13), Constant members Nicolas Malevé and Michael Murtaugh have developed a series of experiments in connection with the archive of Erkki Kurenniemi, the Finnish artist and technology pioneer of the 1960s. Over the duration of dOCUMENTA (13), Constant explore Kurenniemi's work as a database-body in progress – as a living archive. The session introduces the concept of 'Active Archives' and the Kurenniemi project, and invites participants to explore the alternative interpretations together with Constant.
- Prototyping Futures presentation @ Piet Zwart Institute in Rotterdam
- Archipel presentation, November 2011
- Tagging Matters, November 2011
Resources are available in a variety of forms which reflect the different ways that we work:
- As a Timeline including traces of past and future workshops
- As Software and related Documentation,
- As a Cookbook of "how-to" tutorials,
- As Essays and notes from presentations, including presentation files
- Projects using Active Archives
There is also a list of Related projects.
Cut-ups are for everyone. Anybody can make cut ups. It is experimental in the sense of being something to do. Right here write now. Not something to talk and argue about. Greek philosophers assumed logically that an object twice as heavy as another object would fall twice as fast. It did not occur to them to push the two objects off the table and see how they fall. Cut the words and see how they fall. William Burroughs on Brion Gysin and cut-ups
Active Archives isn't glue,
it's rubber bands.