Erkki Kurenniemi: In 2048
Commissioned by KURATOR (Joasia Krysa) and dOCUMENTA (13), Constant members Nicolas Malevé and Michael Murtaugh developed a series of experiments in connection with the archive of Erkki Kurenniemi, the Finnish artist and technology pioneer of the 1960s. Over the duration of dOCUMENTA (13), Constant explored Kurenniemi's work as a database-body in progress – as a living archive. At the end of Documenta, a workshop introduced the concept of 'Active Archives' and the Kurenniemi project, and invited participants to explore the alternative interpretations.
As part of the Systemics series at Kunsthal Aarhus, Joasia Krysa invited Constant to continue developing work around Kurenniemi's digital archive, this time in the form of "data radio", a live audio stream and text chat.
- Erkki Kurenniemi: In 2048 (Documenta Presentation)
- Dataradio Presentation (Aarhus)
- Dataradio Presentation (WORM)
- Archive in motion presentation, 7 June 2013, Oslo
- Archive in motion workshop, June 2013, Oslo